Careers at Patshull Park Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Working as part of Patshull Park means much more than just a job, you’re part of a team with many of our staff having enjoyed fifteen, twenty or twenty five years of continued service. We often have positions that come up in the hospitality, admin, golf, fishing, leisure, and bars departments. Join us and become part of the Patshull Park team.
Hotel Operations Manager
£27,500 - £30,000 a year
- Be capable of taking responsibility for the Hotel ,including the Golf, Leisure ,and Fishing departments in the absence of the General Manager
- To initially take full responsibility for the Food and Beverage Departments in order to meet budgeted targets in terms of Sales , Wages , and operational costs
- Ensure consistently high standards of customer satisfaction in terms of service , product quality , and hygiene
- Implement regular and consistent improvements to the guest experience in order to drive sales across the Food and Beverage , whilst maintaining staff involvement , team harmony , and consistently improved skill levels .
FOOD AND BEVERAGE DUTIES:
- Ensure that consistently high service standards are agreed and maintained throughout all Food and Beverage operations : i e Breakfast , Sunday Lunch , formal Evening Service, informal food service (Bar food) , Functions , Weddings, Earls Brasserie , and Beverage /wine service
- Be able to plan and control run Weddings and Events
- Prepare cost effective weekly rotas to ensure the business is effectively serviced .and review/revise on a daily basis
- Take responsibility for the identification of development opportunities for Food and Beverage supervisors and staff to improve their capabilities for extra responsibility and enhanced job satisfaction
- The proactive planning of departmental maintenance through Monthly Health and Safety audits , and Weekly Hygiene Audits to record due legal compliance
- Be responsible for ensuring the effectiveness and accuracy of the EPOS system to optimise the monthly gross profit margins for Food and Beverages . Ensure all staff are trained in the use of EPOS , and accountable for Daily Revenues , including the balancing and recording of revenues
- Participate and present all Food and Beverage staff training sessions in conjunction with Asst Food and Beverage Supervisors , and the Operations Manager HR
- Control the ‘non- food and beverage’ purchases for the department using a ‘Monthly Par Stock System’ and ensure that the hotel has sufficient operational stocks to meet the seasonal fluctuations in demand , and any special guest requirements
- Assist in the planning of quarterly Food and Beverage Team Meetings
- Agree and revise all F+B SOP’s and implement the relevant standards throughout the department .
The Ideal Candidate :
- Experience of working as a Hotel Operations Manager or Senior Assistant Hotel Manager within a quality hotel , and with multi-departmental skills and knowledge
- Able to display good leadership skills , confidence , maturity , ambition , and most importantly be a team player who enjoys working with people ( perhaps with experience with Investors in People)
- Possess excellent organisational and time management skill ,with an eye for detail
Job Type: Full-time
Senior hotel management: 3 years
Required education: Diploma
Required licence or certification: Personal Alcohol License
I started working at Patshull Park in 1998 as a Receptionist, and was able to work my way up to Sales Manager. The team here are passionate and loyal, and I always love coming to work. Management have helped me to learn so much about the hospitality and catering industry, and I always know that my efforts within the company are appreciated.Jo Guest
We are now taking CV submissions for bar staff. Experience is not required but always preferred. Full training will be given.
I’ve worked here since 1988 and consider the team as my extended family. Many of my team in Housekeeping have been here for ten, fifteen or more years and is testament to the great working atmosphere. We all work as a team here and care about each other.Ann Zdanowski
Restaurant Waiting Staff
We are now taking CV submissions for restaurant waiting staff. Experience is not required but always preferred. Full training will be given.
I’ve worked here since 2007, and love seeing the beautiful surroundings every day on my way up the drive. The staff are always friendly, and as there isn’t a big turnover, I’ve had the opportunity to make some lifelong friends. I feel supported in my role and always know that my voice is heard.Kim Smith
I’ve worked here for over twenty years as it’s a wonderful place with relaxed surroundings and great colleagues. There’s a great sense of camaraderie within the team, and over time the staff have helped to evolve the company and improve it. Year-on-year, we have guests returning to Patshull Park largely because of the staff that they not only recognise, but who they consider us to be friends. I love that.Rich Bissell