Golf days have many purposes – primarily for relaxation, networking, client or employee reward, and social competitiveness.
It therefore follows that when booking an event you should always visit a selection of venues and identify a short-list that meet your expectations in terms of :
- Location : is it convenient and easily accessible for the attendees
- Reputation : does the facility come with a recommendation.
- Range of facilities : does your group want variety, or is golf the core reason for the visit? Do your party want a gym, beautician , fishing, cycling etc? Patshull Park Hotel, Golf and Country Club near Wolverhampton offers first class facilities for all these options.
- Quality of golf course: visit and play the course – does it suit you and the golfers in your group? Some courses can be intimidating, ask if there are any major maintenance projects scheduled before or during the period of your visit. Here at Patshull Park we pride ourselves that our golf course is challenging enough for experienced players, whilst not intimidating less experienced players, and is therefore eminently suitable for corporate golf days.
- Talk to members or players / guests in the bar area and get their opinions of service and the facilities.
- Monitor response times and quality of initial proposal / letter. Ensure the letter contains an agreed price pp incl of VAT. There will probably be minimum number requirements, and ensure that timings, menus, account requirements are all confirmed.
- Stay in regular contact with the hotel sales team – always read the Terms and Conditions, advise the facility of numbers and any changes, special requirements etc. This helps build a rapport and allows you to monitor the flexibility of the staff.
- Research travel web sites like Trip Advisor and look at the comments about venues.
- Bedrooms (if a resort course), ask to see some sample rooms, check cleanliness, do the staff appear cheerful /positive?
- Ask to see all areas of the club/ hotel/ function rooms: Any proactive sales person will be delighted to give you the full tour. Hospitality is mainly about relationships, and how individuals’ needs are met.
- Follow up: were the hotel / facility interested in your comments and feedback after the event?
Hopefully the various judgement and contact points listed above will provide sufficient opportunities to establish if your golf day / golf event will be professionally handled in every aspect . Best of all, have a look at our facilities at Patshull Park golf course and hotel near Wolverhampton. We can assure you of a warm welcome and a memorable day.