One of the most important parts of wedding planning is finding your perfect wedding photographer. Wedding photographs help to capture your special day and immortalise those precious moments. So what is the best way to ensure that your wedding photographs turn out as you hope?
As a wedding venue, Patshull Park Hotel, Golf and Country club has the perfect backdrop for beautiful wedding photographs. We are located in the stunning Shropshire countryside and situated in glorious grounds. We have mature trees, a beautiful 18-hole golf course and large fishing lakes that will make your wedding photographs sparkle.
Popular local wedding photographer Ben Fones enjoys taking wedding photographs at Patshull Park. We asked him to share his top tips for getting the perfect wedding photograph with us…
Choosing your Wedding Photographer
Choosing your wedding photographer is easily the most important element of getting good wedding photographs.
To find your ideal photographer…
- Do your research on line to select a short-list of photographers. Look at the work they show on their website. Is it the style of photography you want?
- It is then vital to meet the photographer face-to-face before you book to make sure you connect with them
- Don’t always go with the cheapest option. Although it can be tempting to save money if your budget is tight, the old adage “you get what you pay for” is true for wedding photography. If your wedding photographs are important to you, invest in ones that you will be truly happy with.
The two things I say to every Bride and Groom are….
- Pick a wedding photographer who produces work you love. Your photographs will reflect their style. For example, there is no point in choosing someone who only shoots in black & white if you love colour images: Or picking someone who does very little formal group photography work but you have a list of 50 groups you want shooting.
- It’s important to choose a wedding photographer that you feel you can get on with from the first meeting. Your photographer is skilled at achieving beautiful photographs. The best results will come if you trust them to do their job. Try not to micro-manage the images they are shooting. If you have chosen a wedding photographer you trust and feel comfortable with you will be able to relax and enjoy your big day in the knowledge they will be capturing beautiful images.
My final tip is to RELAX! This goes hand-in-hand with the trust element I mentioned previously. Your photographer will direct you and will make sure you look your best. The important part for you is to just relax and enjoy your day – you will look better in your photographs. Try not to worry about where your hands are or what your smile looks like, we will adjust you if needs be.
Personally, I like to shoot in a natural style. I subtly set up and direct all of the shots but I leave couples to kiss and talk whilst I shoot what’s going on. I place them in the perfect setting and make sure the lighting is fantastic but allow them to interact naturally. Therefore, the whole experience of having photographs taken is stress free and enjoyable.
I recommend making the most of this time. It may be one of the few times on your wedding day that you will spend some time just the two or you, so enjoy it.
For more information about weddings at Patshull Park or to arrange a tour around our civil wedding venue and wedding reception venue please call Jo Guest our Wedding Co-ordinator on 01902 709855.
You can also view some of the beautiful wedding photographs taken at Patshull Park in our wedding gallery
With thank to Ben Fones. You can view more of his work at www.benfonesphotography.com